I talk a lot about getting leads through online methods, Facebook ads, instagram and solo ads. These methods involve the Internet and take a little bit of technical knowledge to implement and others require you to put your hand in your pocket to pay for traffic. . Today’s blog is about the simplest, easiest way to get online leads offline that anyone can start doing immediately and for very little money.
What Makes a Good Lead?
In the words or Ray Higdon
“A good Lead is someone who is looking for more.”
We all know people who would benefit from having more money and more freedom. However if they have given up the fight and accept their fate usually don’t make the best leads. You need to look for the people who want more. More time, more freedom, more quality of life, more money, whatever their MORE is, they have to have the basic hunger and desire for something more in their life.
Best Offline Way to Get MLM Leads
The best way of getting leads is attending local meetings and grabbing the contact information of the attendees and following up with them.
Here is how it works
- Use meetup.com and find local meetings that would typically include people “… who is looking for more.” these could include property developing groups, stock investing groups or law of attraction groups.
- Attend the meeting and collect business cards. Don’t talk about your business or opportunity.
- Grab as many business cards as you can try not to stop and talk to anybody appart from giving your name and “Listen, I have to go and meet someone over there but I did not want to miss the chance to get your contact information as I heard you talking earlier”
- Call every business card but before doing so have a look at their information and do a quick google search. ask them these three questions:
(A) How long they have been doing what they are doing?
(B) How they got into that line of work?
(C) What is the perfect type of prospect for them in case you run into anyone that fits their description? Let them talk, be genuinely interested If you let them talk long enough you can usually pinpoint an area of desire or problem such as, “with the market doing what it is doing” or “been putting in a lot of hours”
- Have them expand on their desire, need or problem. “You mentioned the market has changed, has that been tough to deal with?” Let them talk and tell you whatever it is they have a current problem with.
- Give a possible solution using their language. LHere is an example from Ray Higden:
“Jim you mentioned that you were working more hours now with the market doing what it is doing and the truth is I work with a lot of professionals that are in the same exact boat. If I could show you a way to start generating some extra money without interfering with your current job, would you be open to taking a look?”
Use capture page with a slight takeaway. Most marketers make dumb promises when they are introducing their business. If they learned to do a bit of a takeaway, their results would skyrocket. Here is an example:
“Jim, I want you to keep in mind that this may or may not be for you. I meet professionals like you all the time that make a decision to work with me but either way, it is certainly great having you as a new contact. I have a brief video I can send over to you, how soon can you take a look at it?”
Why it Works So Well
People like people who follow up. “I said I’d call you and I have” people like that. I remember being offered a job once just because I followed up. People do business with people they know like and trust and following up helps to build that, you weren’t the guy that was trying on the hard sales pitch.
Finally Only people who want more would be bothered to go to a breakfast meeting at 8am or leave the house on a rainy November night.
you can read the inspiration for this blog here <<